Here’s a summary of what you said we do well:
- You consistently praised the staff, stating that they are: encouraging, brilliant, great, friendly, approachable, helpful, accommodating, attentive, welcoming, supportive, responsive, organized and warm; encourage children in order to bring out the best in them and always go the extra mile.
- You told us how you have received great support over the past months both pastoral, academically and especially with home school learning.
- You praise the staff regarding the safe and positive school environment that we create at Filton Avenue, and how your child’s health and safety has been a priority throughout this pandemic.
- You told us that the school has focused on well-being and the importance of mental health during this period of time.
- You told us of how happy and enthusiastic your children are at Filton Avenue Primary School and of the excellent progress they are making and the fun they are You say that your children are excited to come to school and are stretched to achieve their best.
- You told us how we have communicated brilliantly and how the use of Class Dojo, Facebook, Instagram, ParentMail, telephone calls and more recently Zoom, have enabled us to keep in touch. Zoom has been incredibly useful and it has enabled even more effective communication with class teachers and their peers.
- You told us how the home learning packs and resources supplied throughout this period of time has helped and supported your family at home.
- You have praised us about our exciting and engaging curriculum.
- You appreciate and enjoy the extra-curricular opportunities we offer both in and out of school.
- You have praised our recognition and support of different cultures and around the Black Lives Matter movement.
- You have enjoyed the opportunities to visit the school for example the Heritage and Oracy Events.
- You and your children love Outdoor Play and Learning (OPAL) at Lockleaze Road.
- You praised our team approach when dealing with additional needs and the professionals we work alongside to support your children and how we recognise and support each child as an individual.
- You have complimented staff on how they have listened and responded to concerns, worked hard to accommodate extra needs and put in additional support quickly.
- You appreciate there being someone on the gate at the start and end of each day, and the opportunity to speak to an approachable member of staff when you have a concern.
A few of your amazing comments:
“Filton Avenue have gone above and beyond during the coronavirus outbreak.”
“Filton Avenue is a brilliant school”
“Everything about the school’s response to the pandemic, from the well organised and supportive physical packs, the contact from the leadership team, the contact with the class, the weekly shout outs, variety of home learning and the really lovely way the return was managed has been absolutely excellent.”
“You provided amazing home-schooling”
“I was so impressed with the school and the handling of Covid-19.”
“Well done for the great communication during this period. The school has done great with the way they have managed the crisis and in keeping parents informed.”
“Thank you for everything. We will miss this school!”
“There is a very happy atmosphere at the school and the children and teachers seem happy, friendly and encouraging.”
“The videos, messages, zoom meetings during school closure have been greatly appreciated and have helped my son through this strange time. Thank you to the teachers and staff for all your efforts.”
“My child’s teacher has been exceptional during lockdown. She has gone above and beyond and has been so engaging. As a school you have done much more than others in supporting home learning.”
“Having day to day contact with the teacher has been amazing and very helpful”
“Home learning work and support has been outstanding. Really enjoyed the weekly Zoom meeting too. Appreciate the new curriculum this year with the Enquiry work.”
‘My child studied for two years on Filton Avenue primary school, and I want to say that it was wonderful. Attentive teachers who care not only about the lesson, but also about the psychological comfort of the child. Thank you! My family is happy!’
You can download the full report here;