1 The information collected
When you visit or register for services on any FAPS site, general information about you, such as your name, address, contact details will be collected so FAPS can contact you. FAPS may also collect this and other types of personal information during the course of dealing with you, for example, credit or debit card information when you wish to obtain goods or services from FAPS when you register for conferences or events, participate in FAPS activities or complete other forms. FAPS may also collect information about your usage of FAPS websites as well as information about you from e-mails or letters you send to FAPS.
2 How your information may be used
- to establish and maintain your involvement with FAPS which may include providing you with regular correspondence;
- to provide the products or services you have requested from FAPS;
- to answer your inquiry by post, telephone, fax as well as email;
- to register you for events, conferences or promotions;
- to assist FAPS to make its sites, services and products more valuable to the community;
- for direct promotion of products or services and to keep you informed of new developments that may be of interest to you. If FAPS contacts you in this way without obtaining your prior consent, you will be provided with the opportunity to decline any further promotional communications;
- to third parties where FAPS has retained those third parties to assist its operation and provide the products or services you have requested, such as religious education instructors, catering and event coordinators, promotions companies, transport providers, health care providers, website hosts and IT consultants, and FAPS’s professional advisers such as consultants, lawyers and accountants. In some circumstances FAPS may need to disclose sensitive information about you to third parties as part of the services you have requested; and
- to different parts of FAPS to enable the development and promotion of other products and services and to improve the general ability of FAPS to assist those who use any of the facilities and services provided by FAPS, including the wider community.
Where you have consented when providing us with your details, FAPS may also allow carefully selected third parties, to contact you occasionally about products and services which may be of interest to you. They may contact you by post, telephone or fax, as well as by e-mail. If you change your mind about being contacted by these organisations in the future, please contact FAPS.
Unless required to do so by law, FAPS will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
3 Access to your information
You can request access to the personal information that FAPS holds about you by contacting the Privacy Officer as set out below. FAPS will provide you with access to your personal information unless legally authorised to refuse your request. FAPS may charge a reasonable amount for providing access.
If you wish to change personal information that is out of date or inaccurate at any time please contact FAPS. After notice from you, FAPS will take reasonable steps to correct any of your information which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If you wish to have your personal information deleted please advise FAPS and that information will be deleted wherever practicable.
Filton may refuse your request to access, amend or delete your personal information in certain circumstances. If FAPS does refuse your request, you will be provided with a reason for such decision and, in the case of an amendment, it will be noted with your personal information that you have disputed its accuracy.
FAPS will take reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information held and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Personal information is stored in a secure server or secure files.
The Internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, FAPS cannot accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from FAPS over the Internet or for any unauthorised access or use of that information. FAPS takes security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. Your information will be held for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
Cookies are small amounts of information that FAPS stores on your computer. Unless you have indicated your objection when disclosing your details to FAPS, its system will issue cookies to your computer when you log on to the site. Cookies make it easier for you to log on to and use the site during future visits. They also help to monitor website traffic and to personalise the content of the site for you. You may set up your computer to reject cookies although, in that case, you may not be able to use certain features on FAPS sites. If you do not wish to receive cookies in the future, please contact FAPS.
7 Contacting Filton