All pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 classes are entitled to a school meal free of charge. Nutritious meals are cooked daily onsite by Edwards and Ward at Lockleaze Road and BAM Catering at Orchard Campus. A menu is provided and rotates over a 3 week period and each child is provided with a main meal and a pudding. We can provide a range of alternative meals including, but not limited to, vegetarian, vegan and halal, if your child has any specific meal requirements or allergies please let us know so that we can inform our catering team.
Reception and Years 1 & 2
Your child will be provided with a free school meal each day as part of the Government Universal Free School Meal initiative.
Years 3 to 6
School dinners should be paid for in advance. Payments can be made online – follow the link below to set up an account or dinner money for the week must be brought in on a Monday in a named envelope. School dinners currently cost £2.35 per day (£11.75 per week) at Lockleaze Road and £2.25 per day (£11.25 per week) at Orchard Campus.
We like children to eat healthily. The right kind of food will help the brain to learn and the body to feel energetic. A suggested packed lunch would contain a sandwich/pasta, two pieces of fruit. Water is always available for all children during lunchtime.
Free School Meals in Years 3 to 6
If you receive one of the following you are eligible for Free School Meals, the quickest way to check eligibility and apply is to complete the online application form (follow the link below) or feel free to come into the school office where we can help you check online or provide you with a form.
- Job Seekers Allowance (Income Based).
- Child Tax Credit, but are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and your annual income (as assessed by the Inland Revenue) does not exceed £16,190.
- Support under part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999.
- The ‘Guaranteed Element’ of Pension Credit.
- Income Related Employment And Support Allowance benefit (any element of contribution based paid free school meals are not available)
- Asylum Seeker under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.