Being a Digital Engineer at Filton Avenue
Being curious about Computing
There are opportunities through our Curious City enquiries for children to be Digital Engineers and practise their computing skills. Computing is also taught through Curious Computing. These are smaller enquiries that follow the same model of Immerse, Engage, Practice and Apply. Where they can, they also support the main enquiry and we plot these enquiries to run alongside where possible.
Online Safety is taught separately. It is taught discretely at the beginning of each school year and then revisited throughout the year. This may be through assemblies, learning in class and through external visitors.
National Curriculum coverage linked to our enquiries (to follow)
Being a Digital Engineer newsletter (to follow)
If you want to be a Digital Engineer at home, try looking at these websites:
- KS1 BBC Bitesize Computing: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zyhbwmn
- KS2 BBC Bitesize Computing: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zvnrq6f
- KS2: https://blockly.games/?lang=en
- Google Interland (KS2 E-Safety game): https://beinternetawesome.withgoogle.com/en_us/interland
- Minecraft coding game: https://code.org/minecraft
- Rapid Router game: https://www.codeforlife.education/rapidrouter/
- Explore the world of Scratch: https://scratch.mit.edu/
- Daisy the dinosaur
- Stop motion studio